Software Engineer | Java Developer
We have been setting up a new software engineering team of 10 people in Budapest. In this team you will be an integral part of a globally distributed agile group with counterparts mainly in the USA. You would develop a real-time smart meter data collection platform for electrical & gas utilities that enables distributed analytics in the endpoints.
You will design and construct our next-generation, scalable Distributed Intelligence and Advanced Metering Platform. Responsibilities will comprise of design, APIs, services, security, and operability of Itron’s metering and network technology, managing millions of nodes in Itron’s customer deployments.
We are developing on Mac laptops, using tools and frameworks, such as Spring Boot, Tibco EMS, Apache Ignite, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MuleESB, Oracle, Git, SonarQube, Jenkins, Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, TestNG, Splunk, Zing JVM.
- 7+ years of experience in Java development and design, working on scalable, multi-tier products
- Good understanding of design and implementation of distributed highly available multi-tier systems in structured object-oriented programming languages
- Computer science fundamentals
- A great team player, sociable, with good communication skills
- Comfortable in a Unix environment
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases
- Experience with message broker technologies such as TibcoEMS or Kafka
- Experience with ESB technologies such as MuleESB
- Knowledge of Java development frameworks such as Spring, Ignite, and Ehcache
- Comfortable with automated testing (unit/service-layer/UI)
- Interest in electric power distribution business domain