The Hungarian branch operates in Budapest and remotely coordinates the technical infrastructure of the Central and Eastern European region.
We are looking for enthusiastic and agile candidates to the position of PostgreSQL DBA to our BI & Big Data team in Budapest.
- Work closely with our Service Assurance team and other groups in the organization to make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per SLA defined
- Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes)
- Recommend and implement best practices for performance, maintainability and development of PostgreSQL BI/DWH databases including partitioning, indexing, materialized view strategy.
- Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance.
- Plan and execute database migrations
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine and DBA tasks
- Organize know how transfer to BI & BD operations team
- Responsible for 3rd level support
- Collaborate with DMS team – engineering team for Exadata / Oracle Database / ZFS SA / Change Data Capture
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Business Informatics, Industrial Engineering, Informatics
- 3+ years PosgreSQL experience
- Deep knowledge on SQL, PL/pgSQL is a must
- Understanding of IT architectures including High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience working with and troubleshooting PostgreSQL 11 and 10 databases
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL in Linux environment
- Understanding of PostgreSQL internals
- Experience with databases deployments in cloud
- Familiar with container technologies as such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Experience in capacity planning
- Conceptual and abstract thinking skills are compulsory
- Process oriented, focused on standardization, attention to detail and streamlining
- Fluent English written and spoken; other language skills are a plus
- Ability to manage high complexity, to work independently, accurately and under time pressure
- Sensitivity to internal and end customer needs
What we offer
· Competitive salary package according to candidate’s knowledge and competences
· Annual financial bonus – based on individual targets
· Wide package of certified trainings
· Possibility to develop existing and new skills
· Support of work-life balance
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to email@example.com email address.